The last two weeks have seen the world adapt to the current global health crisis. The Elastos Foundation would like to send our entire community thoughts of safety and health during this time.
In this issue, Elastos releases its Bi-Annual Financial Report and an update on the CRC process and CR Elections.
– Completed the development of the new Browser launcher for both Android and iOS
– Supported newly designed title bar with the new launcher
– Organized the UI flow of Wallet dApp and prepared to optimize UI / UX design
– Trinity-cli updated to provide full support for iOS platform development
– Adjusted Runtime to keep everything consistent on iOS and Android
– Fingerprint plugin is now supported on iOS platform
– Improved the implementation and processing of intent flow
– Supported deep-linking while completing the download jump page on elastos.org
– Improved and updated Wallet dApp
– Optimized model adaptation for fingerprint authentication
– Migrated the services to Firebase due to Fabric outage
– Improved DID dApp, fixed several bugs and updated DID SDK
– Fixed issues found in the internal beta test of iOS version
– Assisted the community development team to fix RedPacket dApp bugs
– Java SDK now provides compatible key pair for JWT(JSON Web Token) which provides JWT-Token signature generation and verification functions
– Java SDK now has necessary log output for some time-consuming ID operations for easy development and debugging; also supporting console, file, syslog, logcat, etc.
– Native SDK now provides DIDStore and DIDBackend multi-instance support
– Swift SDK now provides DID cache support to improve DID processing efficiency
– Implemented Hive Plugin based on Trinity Runtime (Swift / iOS platform)
– Wrote Hive test cases and optimized internal implementation
– Continued to modify and optimize Carrier WebRTC SDK implementation and Demo application
– Completed multi-instance extension function supporting Carrier Plugin
– Wrote UI / UX internal logic code for Elastos Feeds application
– Fixed Carrier Plugin offline message bug
– Resolved a bug where the Carrier instance could not get all the groups that were joined during the last network connection
– v0.4.2 is released which supports binding DIDs for CR candidates
– Added phase check for proposal budget
– Continued CR test
ETH Side Chain
– Tested release_v0.0.3 version by the automated testing framework
– Completed the SPV SDK database refactoring and optimized the startup speed when the wallet contains a lot of UTXO
– Completed the development of DID-related functions on Android platform and is now being tested with the CR website.
– Optimized the startup speed in cases such as multiple wallets on iOS platform
ELA Supernode Upgrade: Version v0.4.2
Node Version 0.4.2 supports the functionality of CRC Candidate binding with Elastos DID. It is recommended all DPoS and other nodes upgrade to this version before the ELA block height of 598000 (expected on March 16, 2020 Beijing time), or else the node may be out of sync.
The Release Note can be found at: https://github.com/elastos/Elastos.ELA/blob/master/docs/release-notes/release-notes-0.4.2.md
Tuum Team Update
• Actively monitoring elastOS user experience and strategizing modifications for future enhancements.
• Continued growth strategy for elastOS users and reached 20,000+ installs milestone with 5,000+ active installs.
• Next version of Academy dApp will include progress bar, new avatars, new dialog box design for in game alerts, publication of Academy profile on DID Sidechain to be discovered from Friends dApp in elastOS, and ranking page update.
• Started Hyper chat development for elastOS.
• Many UI/UX updates completed and in development for next elastOS version release.
• New landing page being built to attract Ionic Framework developers to elastOS.
• Continued to fix bugs and refactor code for Elastos Smartweb Service and Nucleus Console website.
• Added activity feed, and fixed Chrome Browser login bug on Nucleus Console.
• Implemented simple blockchain browser for Mainchain, DID Sidechain, and Token Sidechain on Nucleus Console.
The Elastos Foundation has released a statement regarding the upcoming CRC election process: https://news.elastos.org/crc-schedule-update/
The CR Interim Council reconvened for their weekly meetings on the 26th of February to discuss Suggestions: https://blog.cyberrepublic.org/2020/03/09/cr-interim-council-conference-call-february-26-2020/
The Elastos Foundation is pleased to share another Bi-Annual Financial Report. This report covers July through December 2019. https://news.elastos.org/elastos-financial-report-july-december-2019/
– The Elastos Foundation is pleased to share our End of Year Report, covering the progress of our decentralized teams from Feb 2019 through Jan 2020 while also giving an outlook on the year ahead. https://news.elastos.org/end-of-year-report-2019/
Feng Han delivered his second lecture titled, The Wealth of Nations Powered by Blockchain, hosted by Zhongben Finance. This lecture focuses on the nature of wealth and the three principles of wealth generation. The Wealth of Nations Powered by Blockchain is a series of blockchain lectures created by Feng Han based on the theory of quantum ontology. The lectures explain the nature of wealth and aim to prove that the financial world is evolving from atomic wealth to digital wealth with humans ushering in a massive digital capitalization campaign.
Feng Han participated in an AMA live broadcast for Chain Talk and shared his thoughts about how blockchain technology can bring a new wealth era for China.