This week, the Elastos Foundation announced modifications to the ELA Lock-In and Return Program, in accordance with our western expansion strategy. Please see the full post from Founder Rong Chen and the Elastos Foundation at the link below. https://elastos.org/en/notice/ Rong Chen also answered some questions this weekend about issues surrounding the Lock-in and Return program. Available here: http://elanews.net/2018/10/28/qa-with-rong-chen-addressing-questions-from-the-community
1. Determined the DPOS UI design and interface definitions and started the DPOS voting function development; 2. Completed the Java version of the Token sidehain asset registration and trading SDK 3. Started development on supporting Token sidechain integration on mobile wallet for Trinity; 4. Added a filter to subscribe to transactions by transaction type; 5. Added plug-in architecture on SPV C++ code to facilitate the expansion of a variety of different consensus and algorithm sidechains, adding relevant interfaces to the Token sidechain support; 6. Developed the sidechain block browser and started testing; 7. Started mobile wallet security audit including black box testing and code review; 8. Increased continuous integration of the Elastos.ELA release branch; 9. Automated test script for main chain and side chain cross-chain transfers; 10. Completed the function of smart contract upgrade; 11. Implemented carrier automatic message (invite) automatic fragmentation/assembly, completed verification of FileTransfer implementation and prepared for testing; 12. The new version of boostrap node is out for stability and compatibility internal testing; 13. Rectified and optimized the Elastos Carrier Android Java SDK Exception: Added Android API test cases, Elastos Carrier Native repository will add Windows32/64 platform Appveyor CI integration (Windows version is coming!); 14. Runtime DApps package and runtime management body completed ; 15. Organized a list of Trinity builtin plugins, reviewed and adjusted the code to meet Trinity requirements; 16. The new Android version of Runtime is ready to run Demo DApp with the focus shifting to the iOS version; 17. Elastos Hive, a distributed cloud storage service, now has Cluster API documentation, and has started the interface test plan and solution according to the interface.
The React Native framework for creating Elastos DApps is now in development. We welcome everyone to contribute to the framework by visiting https://github.com/cyber-republic/elastos-ReactNative-framework The Elastos testnet is officially open for public use. If you are a developer, you can now view our repositories on GitHub. More information can be found here: http://elanews.net/2018/07/26/elastos-developer-news-testnet-launch/ The following has been published to aid Elastos developers working on the testnet: Testnet coin request address: https://faucet.elastos.org/ Testnet web browser address: https://blockchain-beta.elastos.org/ *Testnet wallet address: https://wallet-beta.elastos.org/ *Please note that this wallet is strictly for the testnet ELA tokens, sending your mainnet ELA to this wallet will result in them being lost forever
KP does a demo walkthrough of the CR website: CRcles, Teams, Tasks, Projects and RFPs
Read Zach’s piece on the need for a decentralized web in International Business Times: https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tale-two-internets-ends-decentralized-web-1666817 Check out Rong Chen’s interview with Forbes on why Elastos is the leader in the much needed decentralization of the internet: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ginaclarke/2018/10/23/will-decentralization-powered-by-blockchain-allow-greater-user-privacy/#67dd077f3d3c Coin Central interviewed Elastos CMO, Fay Li, on Bitmain Merged Mining, Trinity, and Beyond. Read it here: https://coincentral.com/interview-elastos-fay-li/
Elastos IoT Ecosystem Director, Yuxin Zhang, shared the idea that the “Elastos big screen ecosystem assists blockchain gaming” at the Gai Shi Quan Guo Hang event. He stated that it can realize operational, large-scale, decentralized applications as well as the secure, trustful exchange of digital content and can create the open, shared Elastos smart economic ecosystem by building a Smart Web Powered by Blockchain. The technological breakthrough of blockchain-leveraged construction provides separation between distributed applications and the internet for the internet’s first completely secure environment, while also providing comprehensive scalability for millions of users.
October 22 Rong Chen was on Crypto 101 podcast with Matthew Aaron discussing Computer 101.
October 25 KP hosted the 2nd Cyber Republic Virtual Meetup. Agenda for the meetup is as follows:
- Review since last virtual meetup
- Questions from the community
- Upcoming meetups
- Call for action: React Native Project
- Cr100, CRCles, RFP, New Tasks, New Projects
Rong Chen took part in CR Virtual meetup answering Questions along with KP and Clarence.
Events and Meetups
The Chinese team will be attending the Hackathon located i Berlin. Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dorahacks-dapp-devcrypto-games-hackberlinfree-with-10000-prize-pool-tickets-49168232507
Community Art Assets
Elastos and Cyber Republic wallpaper designs are now available for desktop and mobile: https://bit.ly/2CwJe8g